nanog mailing list archives

Re: Creating exchanges

From: Christian Nielsen <cnielsen () vii com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 15:09:41 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Robert Mathews-ICICX wrote:
On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Ran Atkinson wrote:

    This is another reason to use Guam for an interconnect.  Guam is part
of the USA and so telecommunications is already deregulated.  (A side benefit
for US citizens living on Guam is that Guam is the only place in the universe
where one's income is not subject to US Federal Income Tax, go figure :-).

Hello Fellow Electronic Colleagues:
      <looking around a room> Can anyone say Hawaii?  :)

        This is what we need from NANOG. More interconnects around the US. And
maybe there should be a WNOG (world) :) To help get things running around the
world. I recieved an email from a company in Switzerland and they say they are
paying about 1,000,000 ($US) for their 'two' T1s to the internet per year. If
there are more open exchange points, less hops to get somewhere, the net might
become nicer. (no I don't mean using ATM to make it look like less hops.)

Christian