nanog mailing list archives

Re: Out of date contact information

From: bmanning () isi edu
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 05:04:34 -0700 (PDT)

This would be something we could probably standardize. I wonder how many folks
have mail aliases like routing () xxx net, noc () xxx net, etc to bounce messages
right ways. At the ver least, it'll make /etc/alias file shorter for good
number of people. :)

-dorian (trouble () cic net)

        BITGOD (back in the good old days) Gene had an IETF wg that attempted
        to deal with network operations issues; the NJM wg.  One of the
        things that came out of that august body was the use of role accounts.

        If I remember correctly, trouble () site tld was recommended as the
        shotgun address.

        This, along with hostmaster & noc floated to the top. http was a long
        way off.. :)

--
--bill