nanog mailing list archives

Re: FWD: Pacific Bell's LA NAP in service

From: matthew () scruz net (Matthew Kaufman)
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 17:48:54 -0700

Original message <199605072153.AA13332 () zephyr isi edu>
From: bmanning () isi edu (Bill Manning)
Date: May  7, 14:53
Subject: Re: FWD: Pacific Bell's LA NAP in service

On Tue, 7 May 1996, Kent W. England wrote:

Pac Bell has announced their LA NAP is operational. Contact and details below.

    Is there not already a MAE-LA? Why would thay have an LA NAP if even
MAE-LA hasn't taken off as of yet?

    Just a question.

Christian Nielsen

      Yes, there is.  I would expect that the NAP service is offering
      is an extention of the existing BayArea service.  This approach
      reduces the cost of entry of entry for people you are in the So.Cal.
      area to a local loop charge.
      It appears that thye believe that a "distributed" service is
      more effective than two seperate exchanges.

--
--bill
-- End of excerpt from Bill Manning

As far as I know, PacBell wouldn't be permitted to extend PVCs between
the LA NAP and the SF NAP

-matthew kaufman
 matthew () scruz net