nanog mailing list archives

Re: What do you use interdomain routing for?

From: nordlund () databank com
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 95 08:50:29 cdt

HI,

We are looking at requirements for interdomain routing, and are
interested to know what you use it for.  For instance, do you use
interdomain routing to select transit carriers for some traffic in
preference to other carriers.

Neal
What do you mean by "interdomain" routing?  Is this inter ASN routing?  Or is
this OSPF Interarea routing?

Are there policies that you would like to be able to implement that you are
unable to because of limitations in the available protocols?  How much
would you be willing to slow down your forwarding rates in order to
have the capability?

Please send me your answers and I'll summarize.

 --Neal

Dave Nordlund                               Dir of Technical Svcs
Databank, Inc                                      913/842-6699
1473 Hwy 40                               nordlund () databank com
Lawrence, KS  66044                  "Your Key to the Internet