nanog mailing list archives

Re: EP.NET ???

From: Dave Siegel <dsiegel () net99 net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 17:49:25 -0700 (MST)

    There have been a number of questions that have been fielded
    wrt the EP.NET domain and traceroute failures within that
    domain.  For your edification, here is a brief note on the EP.NET
    domain.

Personally I think that this is actually a value-subtracted service,
as the EP.NET organisation does not run the named boxes, or the
exchange points.

It would be much more helpfull the the interfaces that faces the NAP
and another provider where following each providers naming
conventions, and had a domain-name that would point the users to the
organisation that actually operates the boxes.

You can still provide the service of running the nameservice.

I would tend to agree with this.  I've had a number of customers ask me
"what the heck is this ep.net?"

Dave

--
Dave Siegel                     Director of Engineering, Network 99, Inc.
http://www.net99.net/           (602)249-1083 Network Ops