Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: dropping and creating DB's with Postgres

From: Carlos Perez <carlos_perez () darkoperator com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 19:36:51 -0400

You should use workspaces

msf > workspace -h
Usage:
    workspace                  List workspaces
    workspace [name]           Switch workspace
    workspace -a [name] ...    Add workspace(s)
    workspace -d [name] ...    Delete workspace(s)
    workspace -r <old> <new>   Rename workspace
    workspace -h               Show this help information

msf > workspace -a lab1
[*] Added workspace: lab1
msf > workspace
  default
* lab1
msf > workspace -d lab1
[*] Deleted workspace: lab1
[*] Switched workspace: default

data can be keeper in them and exported out of them and reimported if you want that level of control also using
db_export and db_import

The password for postgres should be in the dataase.yml as part of the configuration