Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: error message on msfupdate cannot determine checkout type

From: Chip <jeffschips () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:46:00 -0500

Well, ok, now I'm confused:

If I go to the standard metasploit download site
ww.metasploit.com/download and follow the instructions here:

https://community.rapid7.com/docs/DOC-1776 which shows an example
install process using the same name as the file I downloaded.

Notice the word "community" in the URL which leads me to believe this
should be the community branch, and follow the instructions here, I am
left with a directory entitled metasploit-4.5.0, that contains a file
called msfpro -- so why am I getting the msfpro version from a comminty
download link?  As well, the directory that is created does not contain
the usual files such as msfconsole, msfpudate,etc.

Okay, so I run the mspro file for the first time and get a long, long
printout of lines that say:

NOTICE: CREATE TABLE /PRIMARY KEY  will create implicit sequence . . . .

Then finally an msfconsole prompt.

I'm simply trying to get the latest community version of metasploit --
why can't I easily find a suitable link for the "community" version
anywhere?

Any help for this duffus much appreciated.