Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: No ports Open..

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 13:45:39 -0500

On 10/24/2011 1:39 PM, Enis Sahin wrote:
I'm recently new to the mail group (about 3 weeks probably since I
joined). But since then I've seen a couple of suspicious looking
questions being asked. The other day someone asked about pass the hash
attacks with his/her Metasploit console pasted here. The target IP
belonged to a legitimate corporate which I know of (and thus gave the
heads up to the colleagues we had over there).

This email doesn't feel like it has the best of intentions behind it
either. What's the approach against such questions? I really appreciate
the help and support being given in this community and I didn't mean to
derail the topic but felt somewhat uneasy after seeing that IP address
in the "rhost" field and this mail was like the icing on the cake :)

Idiots are welcome to incriminate themselves on the list, we keep
archives with full mail headers. If someone is obviously committing a
criminal act, we ban them permanently. The case you mentioned previously
was an authorized assessment, just a lapse of judgement from the tester
when he posted the IP of the customer.

-HD