Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: reverse_http(s) issues

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 11:44:28 -0500

On 9/22/2011 2:08 AM, Sherif El-Deeb wrote:
For the impatient, both payloads are not working for me "tested on two
separate machines, win7 x64, and one XP x86" no AV, help will be
highly appreciated.
HTTP: the payload connects to the handler, get the second stage, a
session is created, then nothing "i.e. when I switch to the session,
it doesn't accept any command", the exe keeps running.
HTTPS: the payload connects to the handler, but the second stage get
sent "16 times"... then nothing, no session created, and the exe
quits.
I've included the msfpayload command, the output of msfconsole, and a
couple of lines from dumpcap, if I'm doing something wrong please
correct me... thanks in advance.

Did you set LHOST properly in the multi/handler? This cannot be 0.0.0.0,
it must be the real address of the listener. '

-HD