Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Fun with antimeter

From: Chao Mu <chao.mu () minorcrash com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 12:05:53 -0400

I truly laughed out loud when I read your email. Great job Nikhil, truly
creative work!

I recommend creating an account on the Metasploit issue tracker (
https://dev.metasploit.com/redmine/account/register ) and then submitting
the patch as a "feature" (
https://dev.metasploit.com/redmine/projects/framework/issues/new ). While
the official Metasploit team gives the thumbs up on mailing list submissions
(someone correct me if I'm wrong), I find it fun to have an account.

However, before you do, I noticed that you accidentally mixed tabs and
spaces for indentation. Metasploit is tab-pure (as in, only use tabs for
indentation) code base. Take another look at the file called HACKING in your
metasploit director, if you haven't already.

Also, we are transitioning from Meterpreter scripts to the brand new Post
Modules, so you might want to take advantage of some of the awesomeness and
convert it into a module. Take a look at
modules/post/windows/gather/resolve_sid.rb if you want a simple reference.
It's fairly trivial.

Again, great work, keep it up :-)

Let me know if you need any help.
chao-mu.

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Nikhil Mittal