Metasploit mailing list archives

New Meterpreter plugin for grabbing wifi profiles from Win7 and Vista

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:41:05 +0000

I've just released a new Meterpreter plugin for grabbing wireless
profiles from Windows 7 and Vista boxes. Its fairly simple, it runs

netsh wlan export profile

to create a bunch of XML files for each profile then downloads them
and tidies up after itself by removing the XML files.

I've tested it on Vista and Windows 7 and it seems to work OK, the
only thing I found is that if you are using an external wireless card
then when you remove it the profiles are no longer accessible by
netsh, as soon as you put the card back in again they come back.

Grab it from here:
http://www.digininja.org/metasploit/getwlanprofiles.php

Any problems or questions let me know.

Robin