Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Finding Bad Characters?

From: Tasos Laskos <tasos.laskos () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:56:14 +0000

Hi,

I don't have much experience in low level exploit development but
going through all available characters using a simple script and then logging results seems the way to go.

Of course, detecting which characters aren't allowed will have to be application specific. If the latter is the problem you're facing then I don't think that there's a universal way to know.

Cheers,
Tasos L.