Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: CVE to Exploit Mapping

From: Mario Ceballos <mc () metasploit com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:52:22 -0500 (CDT)

tools/module_reference.rb can also help.

~mc

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010, Zate Berg wrote:

I started work on something like this that did lookups on the
metasploit.com website, and then looked at using osvdb.org's API.
Neither of which I think is a good solution.  I was hoping to produce
a regularly updated list of CVE's that were good candidates for an
exploit of which none existed.

I'm messing about with using CVE and some parts of the CVSS2 vector to
determine what is a good candidate for exploit via msf from nessus
results.  Also looking at searching on BID/CVE from within msf.

I agree that CVE to Exploit is a little spotty right now.  Being able
to take results from a vuln scan and tie with a high confidence into
msf exploits would be nice.

Zate