Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Why metasploit's exploits fails inside Qemu?

From: "Joshua J. Drake" <jdrake () metasploit com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:53:51 -0500

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 11:58:07PM +0700, Jun Koi wrote:
i want to fix the bug of Qemu, to "support Metasploit" :-). any idea
where Qemu might be wrong?

first of all, i am starting with the windows/exec payload, which
contains the suspected shellcode. i suppose that its source is at
external/source/shellcode/windows/single_exec.asm. is that correct?

however, looking at this source, it doesnt seem to use any special
instruction at all. this confuses me even more ...

There are alot of steps in between the source code and the resulting
shellcode coming out of Metasploit. I recommend reading the developer
guide and source code for more information.

Good luck with QEMU!

--
Joshua J. Drake