Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: What is the output of msfpayload in C format

From: egypt () metasploit com
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 09:56:34 -0600

The first stage will not return, it executes the second stage.  So
your testing code does not need stage2 as that should come from the
network.  If you're using metasploit as the handler, it will be sent
automatically based on your settings.  If you're trying to build a
client in C for handling the stage, it would have to send stage2 over
the stage1 connection and then deal with whatever stage2 does (e.g.
talk to a shell on the same socket).

Hope this helped,
egypt