Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: middle stage listener and threads

From: Ty Miller <tyronmiller () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:26:21 +1000

hey guys,

and this one ... Any help appreciated.

Thx
ty

On Friday, August 27, 2010, Ty Miller <tyronmiller () gmail com> wrote:
Hey Guys,

Whats the best way when developing payloads to implement a middle stager to handle the communication between the
final stage (like meterpreter or shell) and the msfconsole?

I was thinking of using bind_tcp with the final stage, and the middle stage read/write to the local listening port.
Is there a better way?

Also, to split the payload into a middle stage and the final stage so that they are running at the same time, I was
thinking of using threads for Windows. Would this be the right way to go?

Thx,
Ty