Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Any Info On The Wiki Of Security Patching?

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 00:17:45 -0500

On 4/6/2010 11:29 PM, Eric Dorman wrote:
Hey guys,

Is there any info on how you can use Metasploit to build a Security
Patch for some hack you performed in it?

What I meant to say is there any info on the Metasploit Wiki that could
give me any info on how to make a patch?

Metasploit is great at making patches, but only through indirect
motivation to the vendor. The purpose of the framework is to develop
security tools and exploits, which are primarily offensive in nature.

-HD