Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: RHOST is now a mandatory field for an auxilary

From: egypt () metasploit com
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 19:25:35 -0600

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 6:51 PM, HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com> wrote:
On 4/5/2010 5:48 PM, Robin Wood wrote:
My DHCP exhaustion module didn't use to have to have an RHOST set but
having just done an update it has become a mandatory field:

msf auxiliary(exhaust) > run
[-] Auxiliary failed: Msf::OptionValidateError The following options
failed to validate: RHOST.

if I set it to 0.0.0.0 the module works fine but seeing as I don't
need it how can I remove the mandatory flag or even better remove the
field as it isn't needed?

Options are defined by mixins; what mixins are you including?

-HD

If you find you need all of the included mixins, you can still
explicitly deregister with deregister_options('RHOST').

egypt