Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Module Development

From: "Joshua J. Drake" <jdrake () metasploit com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 10:24:44 -0500

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 08:24:11AM -0500, HD Moore wrote:
On 5/25/2010 5:03 AM, Vitor Moreira wrote:
I?m developing a simple smtp fuzzer. Ok, nothing new, but it?s mine, my
starting point.

The modules under auxiliary/fuzzer/ should be a good starting point.

My question is, what process flow do you use for development? Currently
I?m editing the module and run the test with msfcli, because the
msfconsole needs to be restarted every time I change the module.

You can reload and rerun the module by typing "rerun" from msfconsole,
this is the normal way to do module development. Before typing rerun,
enter "save", so that your configuration is preserved across restarts.

For times when you do need to exit msf (like changing stuff in lib/),
resource scripts are invaluable.

$ msfconsole -r whatever.msfrc
..

--