Metasploit mailing list archives

Dealing with EWF (Enhanced Write Filter)

From: javatard <javatard () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 20:47:04 -0400

I have a test machine that I know is vulnerable to many things MS08-067
being just one. I have been successful in exploiting the test VM, but once I
enable EWF, I just end up crashing the virtual machine. I assume this is due
to EWF taking any changes that would be made to the machine and "writing"
the changes in RAM. So, I seem to be able to crash the machine just fine,
but I want to be able to circumvent EWF.
Does anyone have experience with working against EWF?

--
But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.