Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Hashdump

From: Matt Gardenghi <mtgarden () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:20:52 -0400

Thank you all for your assistance. Let me tell you what I did to get this to work (accidentally).

I had a Domain Admin account, so I logged into the DC. I didn't have any sort of exploit for this box, so I uploaded and ran a meterpreter payload (unchecking the limited privs box under "run as"). Then from my Metasploit, I opened the session (exploit/multi/handler). I used getsystem to elevate my privs, I migrated to explorer.exe and ran "run metsvc -A." I then closed out my session and logged off RDP.

From the new session, I could now run "hashdump" proper and dump all domain credentials. Not sure why that worked, but it did.

Thank you for everything.  Cracking now...

Matt