Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Shikata_ga_nai evasion...

From: NetEvil <netevil () hackers it>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 16:18:13 +0100

Hi John,

I've been able to bypass AV's by writing my own loader, not my own template file but actually a small program that injects shellcode into memory. So I use msfpayload to output to C then copy the shellcode into my own loader and compile and I'm AV free.
Thanks, nice tip! I'll try this way...

The other thing you should watch out for is unless the online scanner has a option to not submit the sample once you upload something it is submitted to the AV vendors and then they will create signatures for it so I don't upload anything I want to keep undetected. So to review the only way to be 100% undetected is to write your own stuff. Using something thats out there in the public will never be 100% undetectable. The best skill I've ever learned is programming, you don't need to be an expert but with a little knowledge you don't have to rely on other people to make undetectable tools you can make your own.
You're right... And I feel a little embarassed cause I'm a programmer with about 20 years of experience -.-...anyway I totally agree your point of you...
I'll get my finger dirty with some fresh code ...;)

Thanks!
David

John