Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: new meterpreter vnc plugin

From: Robin Wood <dninja () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 22:41:16 +0000

2010/1/12  <egypt () metasploit com>:
It should work just like before ('run vnc -i -t' is the same as the
vnc_oneport behaviour).  Is there anything in the log?  4545 is
actually the stager port, not the vnc port.  You can try to use a
multi/handler manually with that as the LPORT, but if the
automatically-started handler isn't running (or isn't working) then
that may not help.  Is port 5900 open?  That's the default VNCPORT
option which should be tunnelled through whichever connection started
the session (the tunnel through meterpreter if you specified -t,
reverse_tcp if you didn't).

I'll give it another try tomorrow but I know 5900 wasn't open locally
as I checked. I connected to 4545 with netcat and got a load of data
so there was a connection there. Should I have started a handler? The
way I was expecting it to work is the same as the old one, just run it
then connect locally.

I didn't specify -t, is it better to do it that way?

Robin

egypt