Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Metasploit for iPhone

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 13:33:34 -0600

On 2/28/2010 10:00 AM, devinbjelland () gmail com wrote:
I'm running metasploit on my iPod touch 2g. It takes forever to load and
then crashes a lot once it's loaded. My guess is this is because of my
iPods lack of power but I was wondering if there was anything else that
might be causing this.

This is generally caused by lack of memory; the ipod touch has barely
enough memory to run metasploit, and trying to use msfweb on the device
itself ends up going over the max. We do need a more mobile-friendly
installation (and a better UI), but considering the platform issues with
the iPhone (no interpreter support), we will likely focus on other
hardware in the short-term (n900).

-HD