Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: NeXpose service returned invalid XML

From: macubergeek <macubergeek () comcast net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 20:09:54 -0500

HD

I was installing nexpose on Backtrack 4 which already had Postgres on it. Is that what you mean by existing postgres
instance?
Also yes it was in maintenance mode.

I'm seeing this on the web console:
Database initialization failed: Error starting PostgresSQL com rapid7.os OSEception. could not start the nxpsql daemon
now Postgres is already running having been started at boot.

Jim