Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: errors using dns_enum

From: Chris Calaf <thelab13 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:03:24 -0500

I'll try this again because it seems like my post are not getting through.

osx:
msf auxiliary(dns_enum) > ruby -v
[*] exec: ruby -v

ruby 1.8.7 (2009-06-12 patchlevel 174) [i686-darwin10]
msf auxiliary(dns_enum) > info

       Name: DNS Enumeration Module
    Version: $Rev: 7500
    License: Metasploit Framework License (BSD)

Provided by:
  Carlos Perez <carlos_perez () darkoperator com

Basic options:
  Name         Current
Setting                                                Required  Description
  ----
---------------                                                --------
-----------
  DOMAIN       google.com
yes       The target domain name
  ENUM_AXFR
false                                                          yes
Initiate a zone Transfer against each NS record
  ENUM_BRT
false                                                          yes
Brute force subdomains and hostnames via wordlist
  ENUM_RVL
false                                                          yes
Reverse lookup a range of IP addresses
  ENUM_SRV
true                                                           yes
Enumerate the most common SRV records
  ENUM_STD
true                                                           yes
Enumerate standard record types (A,MX,NS,TXT and SOA)
  ENUM_TLD
false                                                          yes
Perform a top-level domain expansion by replacing TLD and testing against
IANA TLD list

IPRANGE
no        The target address range or CIDR identifier

NS
no        Specify the nameserver to use for queries, otherwise use the
system DNS
  STOP_WLDCRD
false                                                          yes
Stops Brute Force Enumeration if wildcard resolution is detected
  WORDLIST     /Users/lab13/tools/metasploit3/data/wordlists/namelist.txt
no        Wordlist file for domain name brute force.

backtrack4:

[...]
  WORDLIST     /pentest/exploits/framework3/data/wordlists/namelist.txt
no        Wordlist file for domain name brute force.

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Carlos Perez <carlos_perez () darkoperator com