Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Metasploit 3.3 in Windows 2008 Server

From: Genesys Segurança TI <seguranca () meupctravou com br>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 01:48:37 -0300

HD,

Thank you for the quick answer. I was very impressed, only after 10 minutes
you solved and answered a lot of thing. :) I will not reply the other emails
cause they´re solved to me, thank you again.

But...
The problem still in my Windows 2008 server.

Running at Administrator, same problem.
Really, no log found.
Uninstalled and installed again, twice, same problem.
Downloaded metasploit 3.2, installed, msfgui not working, but msfweb running
ok!

Uninstalled 3.2 and reinstalled 3.3 . Again, same problem.

Investigating, discovered who maybe the problem, the cygwin. Rxvt.exe called
from the batchs don’t works.
Called shell.bat, winshell.bat, same problem: black screen, 1-2 seconds,
closes, without warning.
Called only rxvt.exe, it open a white screen.
Called rxvt.exe -e /bin/bash --login, black screen, and closes.
Tried rxvt.exe -e /bin/bash --login in my Windows 7, works fine, appears a
cygwin shell with a prompt.
Defined manually the PATH, %BASE% and the TARG variables, problem still.

Need suggestions. The problem is only with me or other people with Windows
2008 server had problems?

Thanks,

Diogo