Metasploit mailing list archives

unicode shellcode question

From: corelanc0d3r <corelanc0d3r () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 10:10:33 +0100

Hi,

I am working on building an exploit for a stack bof (in a windows
application), but I'm having difficulties building unicode compatible
shellcode

I control eip and have written a few lines of unicode friendly code
that will put the address where my shellcode buffer resides into one
of the registers  (eax or ebx)

So if I can put unicode shellcode in that buffer, and do a jump eax,
it should work
The "jump eax" is no problem... but I don't know how to go from a
plain shellcode (such as spawning calc) to unicode compatible code...

How do I convert plain ascii shellcode into unicode shellcode & make it work ?

tx