Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Metasploit Rising

From: Ben Greenfield <bcg () struxural com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:22:33 -0400

Congratulations to everyone.  I see this as a very positive move, both
for Rapid7 and for the project.

Personally, as someone who works for a cybersecurity company that
purchases all kinds of licenses each year (Nessus, Burp, GFI, etc), I
would absolutely be willing to pay for Metasploit (assuming the
pricing is realistic, unlike Core which IMO is not affordable or
priced reasonably).  I guess I would just ask that if the project
moves to a subscription model to make the costs somewhere between Burp
and Nessus.  I think Burp is an outstanding value, and Nessus is
terrific, but I think the pricing is a little heavy handed.  Core just
isn't realistically priced in my opinion.

Congratulations again, I'm sure that the project will benefit a lot
from full time development.