Metasploit mailing list archives

Nessus + MSF related issue ...

From: mr.saqi at gmail.com (saqib butt)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 13:35:53 +0500

hi there,

I am currently working with MSF 3.0 on fedora.
I have a question regrading MSF and Nessus,

I use Nessus to find the vulnerabilities in any system, as the nessus find
vulnerabilities like MS06-80, i just go to MSF Console and file the exploit
e.g, ms06_80, and MSF successfully exploit the system.

Now in case i install Microsoft security patches of MS06-80 on the system
(as told by Nessus), and now that system is not exploited by MSF ms06_80
exploit.

I run Nessus again to find the vulnerabilities in the system.

Now this time Nessus report is not giving me of any MS***** vulnerability
but it also telling me that i can login in the system using NULL session OR
some other property is not there and so the system can be exploited.

Now my question is that how can i exploit any system when there is no more
exploit given in MSF exploits database. Are there any other tool available
for this purpose ?

I am a student of EH (ethical hacking), and i will be really grateful to you
for your reply.
--
Thanks and Regards,

Saqib.