Metasploit mailing list archives

Windows GUI Meterpreter Payload Question

From: d4rkcon at gmail.com (Dark Con)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:34:22 -0400

I know there's a simple answer to this question but I couldn't find it
searching around so I'm hoping somebody on the list will know.

I'm using the Metasploit GUI on a Windows box to exploit a system with
the Meterpreter payload. Exploit works great, I get a new session in the
Sessions pane, double-clicking on the session gives me a terminal on the
remote machine, everything works. But the shell that I get dropped into
when I double-click the session isn't a meterpreter shell, it's just a
regular shell. I used the meterpreter payload (right-clicking the
session allows me to view and migrate processes, browse files, etc.)
just don't get the meterpreter shell the way I do when using msfconsole.

I'm trying to play around with the meterpreter scripts (killav,
browserenum), is there a different (or any) way to access these from the
GUI? Is there another step to take to get to the actual meterpreter
shell from the standard shell that I missed?

Thanks for your help,
- dC