Metasploit mailing list archives

Three questions: Proxies and the Wiki and multi/handler

From: mtgarden at gmail.com (Matt Gardenghi)
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 09:26:16 -0400

1) Is there a technique for setting a payload to work over a proxy?  I
haven't noticed it yet, though that means little....

Some locations (i.e. my own company) proxies *everything.*  My research
has indicated that not a whole lot of malware is proxy aware, but that
the foundation is being laid as companies are tightening up some of the
data exfiltration going on.  So, will we see a automatic proxy detection
in our payloads or the ability to manually configure a proxy?

2) I understand that there are several interesting articles under
trac.metasploit.com/wiki/ but I don't see a list for them anywhere.  So
this makes it challenging to dig around and find useful articles.

3) multi/handler; is it possible to get the multi/handler to grab lots
of incoming connections?  I seem to be missing this one as well.  I
would assume its possible, cause it seems impractical to continually
create new exploits with new port numbers/instances of multi/handler to
target multiple machines simultaneously.

Thanks.  Any pointers to the information online would be useful.

Matt