Metasploit mailing list archives

Walkthrough of an Exploit

From: metafan at intern0t.net (metafan at intern0t.net)
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 03:03:45 -0400

I suggest you read the user and developer documentation, it gives a good point of view how things works. Ruby knowledge
is also essential because Metasploit is written in Ruby, so if you know Ruby quite good and then read the Metasploit
Source, then i'm sure you'll understand exactly how it works ;-)

Sorry but this mail client might not send this reply correctly to the list.

Best Regards,
MaXe

?
Hello all,

Can anyone tell me if a walkthrough exists that describes step-by-step how Metasploit exploits a vulnerable target and
uploads a payload?? I'm talking something very very deep in the weeds - i.e. code method calls and such.? I'd really
like to understand how the Metasploit hierarchy is utilized, when/where Metasploit gets the payloads from and uploads
them, etc.? I would say something like this is a pretty fundamental requirement for someone interested in contributing
to the framework.

--
Thanks!
Bryan