Metasploit mailing list archives

Fw: MS08-067 Win2K3 German lang. support <<< Untrusted Mail >>>

From: christopher.riley at r-it.at (christopher.riley at r-it.at)
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 00:44:50 +0200

Just to add to the previous email. I've looked at the Win2K3 Universal exploit that uses CALL ESI in svchost.exe. Not
sure why I didn't see this before. I've taken a look at the svchost.exe from sp2 (English and German) they both appear
to have a CALL ESI at 0x01001173. If somebody with a 3rd language edition of Win2K3 sp2 could check this as well it
could be a suitable universal for sp2. The exploit seems to run fine using this address on the German edition.

I don't have an English sp1 to hand but the same CALL ESI in svchost.exe is at
0x01001200. Again the exploit works fine using this address. Multiple exploit attempts on the same box seem to be ok as
well, so it doesn't crash the service.

Hope this helps. If not feel free to file it in the bin and ignore.

Chris John Riley