Metasploit mailing list archives

msfpayload backdoor

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 16:12:22 -0600

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 22:07 +0000, wullie19 at ntlworld.com wrote:
Hi there
I created an exe meterpreter/bind_tcp with lport 33333 and caused this exe to be started at start up. when I reboot
the target machine I know it is loading my backdoor and a quick scan with nmap proves that its listening on port
33333.

The problem Im having is when I try to connect to it using.

./msfcli exploit/windows/meterpreter/bind_tcp LPORT 33333 RHOST=TARGETIP E

it doesent connect to the listener. Can someone pls tell me where im going wrong
thanks

You need to use msfconsole with exploit/multi/handler, set the PAYLOAD
to match the one you generated, set all payload options, and enter
'exploit' to run it.

-HD