Metasploit mailing list archives

brute_login error

From: kvetch at gmail.com (Kvetch)
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 22:32:35 -0500

I am running 3.3-dev and trying to get the Oracle brute_login
auxiliary module
(http://metasploit.com/users/mc/oracle9i/brute_login.rb) to work but
am getting an error stating "The supplied module name is ambiguous:
"#<Module:0xb63375b4>::Msf" is not a valid constant name".  I can't
figure out if I am initializing something wrong.  The 0xb633... is
just an internal reference marker for Ruby, right?  I placed the
module in ~/.msf3/modules/auxiliary/admin/oracle dir and loaded
msfconsole with the -m ~/.msf3/modules so I am not sure why it can't
get it to load.

Somewhat off topic, I was reading brute_login.rb and noticed the
module doesn't define itself as part of the Msf Module.  The wikibook
states "All auxiliary modules must be part of the Msf Module".  Is
this not necessary or inherited/defined some other way?

Thanks,
Nick