Metasploit mailing list archives

Meterpreter script to auto-migrate

From: metasploit at backstep.net (Lukas Kuzmiak)
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 15:54:49 +0100

Hi, great idea!

However, i'm having some problems with migrations at all .. If I run
"migrate <pid>" or "run <your script>" in meterpreter session, IE
crashes and migration wont be completed, it looks like:

meterpreter > migrate 1076
[*] Migrating to 1076...

or

[*] Launching hidden cmd.exe...
[*] Process 4988 created.
[*] Current process is iexplore.exe (4768).  Migrating to 4988.

anyone knows if its possible to fix this?

another problem is with AutoRunScript and launch_and_migrate.rb, while
I run it from meterpreter session manually, it launches cmd.exe
without problems, but if i try to run it via AutoRunScript it hangs on
[*] Launching hidden cmd.exe...
and that's all .. whole session is gone :) however fe. scraper.rb runs
without problems, but it takes too long to do something, everyone will
kill that frozen IE :)

thanks for any advices.

lukash