Metasploit mailing list archives

troubles compiling ratproxy

From: tim.e.mcguire at gmail.com (Timothy McGuire)
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 18:03:51 -0600

I'm trying to build and run ratproxy for use with the wmap plugin, but I'm
having issues.
The documentation looks like I shouldn't have problems with compiling
ratproxy after applying the patch, but I can't seem to do it.
I've done the following:

downloaded ratproxy
applied patch to ratproxy as specified in framework-3.2/external/ratproxy/
go to ratproxy directory
typed "make"
received error that it cannot find sqlite3.h
go to sqlite3_source/sqlite-3.6.6.2 directory
$ cp *.h /usr/include  (to copy sqlite3.h and sqlite3ext.h)
typed "make"

now I get:
cc ratproxy.c -o ratproxy  -Wall -O3 -Wno-pointer-sign -D_GNU_SOURCE http.c
mime.c ssl.c -lcrypto -lssl -lsqlite3
ratproxy.c: In function 'save_trace':
ratproxy.c:631: warning: passing argument 5 of 'sqlite3_prepare' from
incompatible pointer type
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsqlite3
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ratproxy] Error 1

so I've searched around for lsqlite3 and I'm quite stuck.  Thanks!

I'm attempting this on Ubuntu Hardy Heron