Metasploit mailing list archives

MS08-067 Authentication against NTLMv2

From: one.miguel at gmail.com (Juan Miguel Paredes)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:25:56 +0100

Sorry, just a quick update.  It turns out it was NOT the NTLMv2, it was the
following settings (set by GPO or baseline):

Disabled Computer Browser Service
In gpedit.msc: Computer Config/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local
Policies/Security Options
   Setting: Network Access: Named Pipes that can be accessed anonymously
(remove "browser")

Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Juan Miguel Paredes