Metasploit mailing list archives

Windows Shellcode on Unix

From: tyronmiller at gmail.com (Ty Miller)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:24:31 +1000

Hi,

Do you know which exploit you want to use?

To get a descent list of exploits related to XP; open the Metasploit Web
Interface and click on "Exploits". If you then search for *Windows XP* you
will get a list of exploits that relate to Windows and contain "xp" ... just
note that "xp" will match words like "eXPloit" and "eXPlorer", so some of
the exploits won't be relevant to XP.

Click the exploit you want, and follow the instructions. Most of the
exploits for XP will be client-side exploits (eg, for Internet Explorer) so
you may need to combine the attack with a Phishing attack or DNS Cache
Poisoning or something to get the victim to download your exploit.

Hope that helps, else check out the "User Guide" that comes with Metasploit.

Cheers,
Ty