Metasploit mailing list archives

Metasploit on Windows

From: elite_netbios at yahoo.com (Hamid . K)
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 23:10:26 -0800 (PST)

Now I love GUI much more  :-)
categorization looks great. thanks

And some more issued , this time on auto-p0wn .
most of people using MSF , have already Nmap in their
path environment variable. AFAIK most of people try to
put nmap in a custom path , rather than using it`s windows installed.

Here comes the problem. if there`s a previous installation of nmap
in non default path of win32 installer , or if nmap is already available
in path environment variable ., Auto-p0wn fails to run db_nmap ,
pringing access-denied error and long lines of errors .

Even if end-user chose to include Nmap installer while installing MSF,
auto-p0wn fails to identify the right path and rely on environment setting.

snip of error  (ran from msfWeb):

Note that I have local admin privileges , so Permission-denied error is wired !
-----

db_nmap 192.168.13.100

[*] exec: "D:\my custom path\Base/nmap"
"192.168.13.100" "-oX"
"C:/DOCUME~1/user~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/dbnmap.3428.0"
[-] Error while running command db_nmap: Permission denied -
"D:\my custom path\Base/nmap" "192.168.13.100" "-oX"
"C:/DOCUME~1/user~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/dbnmap.3428.0"
Call stack:
./script/../config/../config/../../../lib/msf/ui/console/command_dispatcher/db.rb:390:in
`popen'

-----

keep the good job Moore.