Metasploit mailing list archives

can there be a succeeded exploit?

From: prinbra at gmail.com (Prince Brave)
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 12:12:41 +0800

I am running zh_CN locale on the target system.follow your advice ,I
made it :-) !
Thank you very much!And now I will read more tutorial do more practice.
H D Moore wrote:
Try using the windows/shell/bind_tcp payload first. More than likely, the
exploit succeeded, the user was added, but the adduser payload did not
clean up after adding the new user account. To verify, run the "net user"
command from the shell and see whether the new account exists. If the new
account does not exist and the bind shell payload doesnt result in an
interactive session, that it likely means that your system needs a
different target to work.

Any chance you are running a non-English locale on your target system?