Metasploit mailing list archives

target based search

From: jerome.athias at free.fr (Jerome Athias)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:05:55 +0200

Hi Thomas,

do you want to search for exploits modules working against "services of"
Windows 2K SP2 for example or against the "Win 2K SP2 platform"
(including third-party/not-Microsoft services)?
(because if a return address is taken directly from the vulnerable
service or attached DLLs, the exploit will be universal...)
It should be 'quite easy' to add this feature in the Metasploit
Framework interfaces.

Anyway, as pointed by Patrick, you can directly search/find/grep in the
MSF's exploits modules directory.

This is a tip to be able to use Windows-Explorer-Search feature on *.rb
files:
http://framework.metasploit.fr/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=2
Note: you just have to modify the registry key
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.rb\PersistentHandler with the value
{5e941d80-bf96-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}
(You can see that it is the same value for the .txt files)

PS: i think that i will add the search for matching targets function in
MSF-XB soon ;-p

Good luck and take care
/JA

Thomas Werth a ?crit :
Dear list,

I'm struggeling trough search options in msf ( show exlpoits ). I'd like
to get an target based search. Somekind of "show exploits -t windows
2000 sp2". Is this possible in msfconsole ?

regards
Thomas