Metasploit mailing list archives

Using encoded payload in executable

From: c0r31mp4ct at gmail.com (C0r3 1mp4ct)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 08:11:53 +0200

Yes! The software that I am trying to exploit, converts the chars to
lowercase, just like with the ActiveX component mentioned in the
articlcle about this encoder.

"The decoder stub is hardcoded to assume that ecx will hold the address."
Does it mean, that i have to put the address of the encoded payload
into ecx before the control transfers to it? I mean it isn't enough to
transfer to control with a JMP ESP, i need to have ECX store the
address too.

Could you help me, to get it working?