Metasploit mailing list archives

Reading RHOSTS from a file.

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:15:47 -0700

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 02:43:17AM +0000, Kashif Iftikhar wrote:
Miller,

  Why not add more code to the normalize function of OptAddressRange
class so that it checks if the address starts with something of the
format: 'file://path/to/file' then it should open the file and try to
read address ranges from it?

 The class already contains code like:

when /\//
  sets << Rex::Socket.cidr_crack(range)

 so why not add a "when /^file:\/\// " clause there and do the
processing? If you think its a viable idea, I can get it done.

Yeah, I think this would work fine too.  Sounds like a good enough way
to go about it unless I'm missing something.  Feel free to take a stab
at it if you're interested :)