Metasploit mailing list archives

Question

From: thegnome at nmrc.org (Simple Nomad)
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 18:58:50 -0600

Are you actually running an IMAP server on your system?

On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 18:52 -0500, Pierrick Plamondon wrote:
My windows firewall is turned off. I don't have any anti virus. The IP
I put in the RHOST setting is mine. My windows version is XP SP2
English.  I really don't see what's wrong.

Pierrick

H D Moore wrote:
The error is a generic response when the exploit could not connect to the
host specified by the RHOST setting. Make sure that the RHOST system does
not have a firewall (or at least allows RPORT) through.

-JD