Metasploit mailing list archives

VISTA Host

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:53:41 -0600

The bash process refuses to run as admin (which is must do post-install to
configure the framework directory):

c:\PROGRA~1\Metasploit\Framework2\bin\bash.exe (2584): *** couldn't
allocate cygwin heap, Win32 error 0, base 0xA10000, top 0xA18000,
reserve_size 32768, allocsize 32768, page_const 4096
24 [main] bash 3884 fork_parent: child 2584 died waiting for longjmp
before initialization
bash: fork: No error

We might be able to solve this by update Cygwin and fixing up the
post-installer, but I really really want to get away from Cygwin support.

-HD