Metasploit mailing list archives

Problem with firefox_queryinterface_linux

From: jackdirio at alice.it (jackdirio at alice.it)
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:25:33 +0100

Hi All,

I have a little problem with the exploit firefox_queryinterface_linux (msf 2.7). I have connected 2 pc with a LAN, and
I'm tring to exploit one of them with the other. I think that the shellcode don't work. In fact when I open Firefox (v
1.5.0.0 on Red Hat Fedora Core 2 with 1,5 GB RAM) the script start to work (I know because firefox crash and close
itself), but it didn't give me the root control..... I'm using as payload linux_ia32_reverse. How can I obtain root
control on the machines? the payload  should open a remote shell on the attackers machine?

thanks to everybody

Marco Crippa